House Prayer Book
First Bible Reading
- Background music while people are gathering with refreshments.
- Music may be upbeat Christian songs or well known hymns with piano or guitar accompaniment or pre-recorded on tape or CD(10 - 15 Minutes)
- Opening Prayers together (Set prayers from the other options or from the BAS) (2 minutes)
- A Song from a Hymn Book or Praise Booklet or Overheads (with copyright) (5 minutes).
- Psalm (said responsively) (3 minutes) (See Worship Alternative C- Psalm 95)
- First Bible Reading (2 minutes)
- Second Bible Reading (2 minutes)
- Teaching from a Resource Book or online Bible (See list of Resources in Step Seven)
- A modern form of Catechism may be used "I believe..."(5 minutes)
- Leading into Discussion as a House.(10 minutes)
- Meditation tape of Christian music or a CD (5 minutes)
- Sharing Time. Go to 3 small groups of 3 - 4, in separate rooms if possible (10 minutes)
- (Go around group, each person may or may not contribute if they wish.
- See also the Worship Alternative A - Sharing Time questions)
Sharing Faith with Others
1. Witness - How did I share my faith with others this last week?
2. Christian Action - Giving myself to others. How have I helped this last week?
3. My ministry - What do I do? Opportunities for ministry there?
4. Christian Growth - How have I grown? What books have I read? What Videos have I watched?✞
- Closing Prayers Together as a House - for needs of individuals, world, society, Church. (10 minutes)
- The Lord's Prayer and Shared Grace (1 minutes)
"House Prayer Book"
by Ron Meacock © 2018